Tuesday, March 22

We don't need no fascist groove thing!

So. Heaven 17 lyric as the title. Cool.
I think today (tonight) I might do a list. I like lists. A list of favourite bands and artists. Top 20. GO!

1. The Smiths
2. David Bowie
3. Kraftwerk
4. Japan
5. Roxy Music
6. The Jam
7. The Who
8. Morrissey
9. New Order
10. John Foxx
11. Ultravox (Midge era)
12. Silicon Teens / The Normal (Yes I count them as 1)
13. The Stranglers
14. Oh No Ono
15. The Velvet Underground
16. Treefight For Sunlight
17. The Human League
18. Gary Numan
19. Neu!
20. Orchestral Manoeuvres in The Dark

Yeah, that's pretty much accurate. Or shall I go to 30? Yes I will.

21. Heaven 17
22. Joy Division
23. Depeche Mode
24. New York Dolls
25. Duran Duran
26. Patti Smith
27. Simon & Garfunkel
28. Eurythmics
29. Bauhaus
30. Vinnie Who

If you look at about 75% of the bands on this list you will find that the majority are from the 70s/80s and use synthesizers. That's 'cause synthesizers are awesome.

But, at the top of this list, my most favourite band ever is...

...the amazing and brilliant...

SOUND + THE WAVE EQUATION

'Cause it's my band, and i'm the keyboard, piano and synthesizer player.

No comments:

Post a Comment