Wednesday, November 24

Thirty Day Challenge: Day #3

Your favourite television program.
Ooh, a toughie! I have many favourite television programs, I can't choose! So, I'll just talk about my favourite at the moment, which is Wallander. (The Swedish one, not the English one.) I can't really describe it, it's basically a crime-drama-mystery series, in Swedish with English subtitles, being shown on BBC4 in the UK. I think one of the main reasons I like it (apart from the Scandinavian-ness!) is that you never really know who the killer is, and it keeps you in suspense; much like the books by Henning Mankell, who is a fabulous (and Swedish!) author. I'm eagerly awaiting the second series, and after the shocking and heart-wrenching last episode of the first, I'm interested to see what happens. Wallander isn't one of those programs you can explain to someone off the top of your head, there's too many twists and turns and questions for that, you just have to watch it yourself. I recommend this to anyone who is a lover of crime, Sweden, Prinsesstårta, IKEA, or just wants to watch an AMAZING show on TV on a Saturday night 9:00PM. Enjoy...

 <- This has to be my favourite episode. "Luftslottet" is called "The Castle Ruins" in English. Watch this if you get the chance, it's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment