Thursday, December 3

Bah Humbug 'n all that.

I know, I know, Christmas is meant to be an enjoyable time, what with presents and nice food, but this time of the year leaves me feeling slightly Scrooge-ish. Not that I don't like presents and food, but getting that itchy jumper from Great-Aunt-Bessie and over-eating mince pies isn't exactly what I'd call a Merry Christmas! I don't really need that build-your-own bird box from Uncle Bobby, and turkey leaves me feeling quite sick! Christmas is all ways filled with disappointment. You don't get what you want, we never have 'A White Christmas', shopping is rush, and everyone is too festive. Not that I don't enjoy listening to Cousin Ralph ramble on about his new ideas for an ecofriendly farm in the Highlands, or Grandma Susan reminiscing about wartime Christmases...

No comments:

Post a Comment